Monday, February 22, 2010

Future Projects

These are the first things in my house I would like the change. I need to make them organized and cuter, more appeasing to the eye. Any ideas? I love the blog "Thrifty Decor Chick." She's pretty much my fave for inspiration. Here is her baby room post she did and for the two bookshelves I mention below, I would like to do something similar. She has such great ideas.

This first one is bothering me so much more now that I changed around my living room. I made the walls cuter, and the arrangement is nicer, and now this corner sticks out like a sore thumb. I want to organize it and maybe do something with the walls in the back of the shelf.

This is one of our current speaker stands. I have one on each side of the TV. These old stools were rickity and wouldn't hold hardly any weight, so my hub decided to saw off the legs a bunch, flip them over, put some wood on top for a make shift speaker stand. Yeh....we are awesome. So obviously this needs some paint at least if not more.

And here we are next to the desk. This plagues me. It seemed cute in my head, but I had wanted a wooden shelf, but decided not to spend the extra money for such. Now I wish I would have. That cheap shelf isn't stable, it's hard to set things on, and it's U.g.L.y. When something isn't cute I tend to not take very good care of it, hence how unorganized it is, things stacked on top of it in a heap. lovely. I must do something here...

In my daughter's room, there is this plain white bookshelf. At our old place it looked good because we had colored walls. I have yet to get the energy and expense to paint the walls of our current place. As a renter, we can paint, but we just have to make it white again before we move out. Nice...but also, a pain in the butt. So this white shelf has been bothering me. I need to do something with it. Her room decor is green and multiple shades of pink. So I have about 10 different ideas for this but I can'ts decide which one...it also needs some organization. That orange halloween bucket...storage until october! the orange throws me off in her room.


So there you have it. When I decide which one to start with, I will do a new post showing you what I plan to do with it. Hopefully it happens soon. I'm itching to get this taken care of. I hate these ugly, unorganized corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment